Your Recruiting Partner
Career Services works in partnership with employers from a wide range of fields to assist in recruiting students for jobs, internships, and cooperative education positions (co-ops).
We will work with you every step of the way, helping you target prospective employees in a way that is more effective than blanket advertising.
Career Services Offer Employers:
Talent for the Future
UMass Amherst students bring employers mastery and experience. They are tested, talented, knowledgeable, and passionate.
- An extensive Field Experience Program (internships and cooperative education) to meet your temporary needs and to mentor future employees.
- Over 4000 talented new graduates each year, from more than 90 fields, with fresh ideas, cutting-edge skills, and extensive real-world experience.
- High-energy candidates, ready to meet project-based needs, on a full-time, part-time, or short-term basis.
- Year-round electronic resume referral through UMass Amherst CareerConnect
- Opportunities for on-campus recruiting with convenient interviewing facilities.
- Access to candidates from Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges, in addition to UMass Amherst.
- Workforce diversity assistance.
- They have extensive hands-on experience, developed through co-ops, internships, student organizations, and other career-related employment.
- They participate in community service projects throughout their college careers.
- They build research skills through extensive work in the lab and in the field.
- They are culturally diverse, with foreign language skills, and overseas experience.
- They are undergraduate and graduate students, including MBAs.
- They have degrees in emerging fields such as environmental science/engineering, biotechnology, and robotics.
- They graduate with excellent communication, critical thinking, and organizational skills, and a strong work ethic.
Career Services requests that all employers adhere to the Principles for Employment Professionals, developed by the National Association of College and Employers, in all on- and off-campus recruiting of UMass Amherst students.
Please note that as of July 1, 2013, UMass Amherst will be going Tobacco-free.
Read more here