Campus Recreation > Fitness/Wellness > Group Fitness
Group Fitness Is on IMLeagues!
Weekday classes that start at or after 4pm require online registration through IMLeagues. To register for classes, you will need to create an account on IMLeagues.com.
To create an IMLeagues account:
- Go to www.IMLeagues.com/UMass and click Create Account.
- Enter your information. You must use your school email address (@umass.edu or @dept.umass.edu). Click Submit. If you do not have a UMass email (associate, retiree, alumni), create an account using your existing email and contact Assistant Director Jill Isabelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Click the link in the email to log in and activate your account.
- You should be automatically joined to your school. If not, you can search schools by clicking the “Schools” link and search UMass Amherst.
If you have participated in intramural sports, you already have an IMLeagues account. IMLeagues offers a live support button on every page. Use this button if you encounter any difficulties and need assistance.
To register for a class:
- Log into your IMLeagues account.
- Click the Group Fitness tab in the maroon banner under UMass Amherst.
- Scroll down until you see the calendar (or click on the calendar tab).
- Find the class you want to register for and click the green Sign Up button to the right. This will take you to the class information page. The green Sign Up button is visible if registration is open.
- Read the liability release and click Accept at the botton of the page. Answer the waiver question and enter your ID. Click Sign Up. You have successfully joined the session!
- You will receive a confirmation email from IMLeagues with info on the class for which you have registered.
Classes NOT requiring registration:
You do not need to register for weekday classes that start prior to 4pm or classes on the weekend. These classes will remain first-come, first-served.
Frequently asked questions:
- What if I registered for a class but now I can't make it?
You will need to UNREGISTER for the class. Log in to your account. Click on the Group Fitness tab. Scroll down to the calendar & select the class you want to unregister from. Click on the red Unregister for Session button. You will be asked to confirm that you want to leave the session. Click OK and you will be removed from that class. Failure to unregister and/or attand classes for which you have registered could result in loss of privileges.
- Will I need to accept the liability release and answer waiver questions for each class? Yes.
- Can I still get into or register for a class if it is full?
Yes, you can register for a class even if it is full; you will be added to the waitlist. If anyone unregisters, the waitlist will bump people into the class in registration order.
- How soon can I register for a class?
Registration opens 24 hours in advance for every class. When registration is open, you will see a green Sign Up button to the right of the class.
- Do I need to show my ID to get into the class?
While a photo ID is not required for entry into a class, misrepresenting yourself is not acceptable.
- Can I sign up for more than one class per day?
Yes, provided the classes do not overlap.
- When do I need to arrive for a class?
You should arrive 15 minutes before the class begins to get signed in on time to ensure that you don't lose your spot. A couple minutes prior to start of class, open spots open spots will be given first come/first served to people on the waitlist.
- Can guests register for classes?
No. Guests cannot register for classes through IMLeagues. Only UMass students, faculty, staff, alumni & associate members can register. Guests will be permitted to enter a class first-come, first-served after registered and waitlist patrons have been accommodated. Guests should present their guest receipt to the class monitor. Guest pass fees are non-refundable.
If you have additional questions, please contact Jill Isabelle, Assistant Director for Fitness/Wellness, at email@example.com.
Group Fitness Schedule
Meet the Instructors
Tips of the Week