Campus Recreation > Fitness & Wellness > Wellness > Tips of the Week
Tips of the Week - April 21, 2014
Balance your Lifestyle!
by Steph Smith (Public Health '14)
Wellness is much more than merely physical health, exercise or nutrition. It is the full integration of personal states of physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. The model used by our campus includes social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, intellectual and physical wellness. Each of these seven dimensions act and interact in a way that contributes to our own quality of life.
- Social: Maintaining positive relationships with the people in our lives, connecting to people within our world
- Emotional: Having the ability to understand ourselves and cope with any challenges life may bring
- Spiritual: Establishing peace and harmony within our lives
- Environmental: Recognizing our own responsibility for the quality of air, water, land, and all that surrounds us
- Occupational: Achieving personal fulfillment in our career paths while still maintain a balance in our lives
- Intellectual: Opening our minds to new ideas, concepts, and improving our lifelong learning skills
- Physical: Maintaining a healthy quality of life to get us through our daily activities without fatigue or physical stress
See all tips of the week!