Fall -- Monday, September 7 - Friday, January 8
Spring -- Monday, January 11 - Friday, May 6
Summer -- Monday, May 11 - Friday, September 4
Patron's valid UCard required to purchase membership.
Membership fees reduce during each session:
Fall -- November 1
Spring -- Monday of spring break week
Summer -- August 1
Membership includes access to facilities during recreation hours, group fitness classes, equipment checkout and participation in intramural sports. **retirees, associates, alumni & guests not eligible to participate in intramural sports**
Member can sponsor an associate member(s) -- spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent(s) [ages 6-26]. After purchasing membership at the Recreation Center, associate member should bring his/her receipt to the UCard office in 168 Whitmore to procure a recreation facilities badge.
**domestic partner associate membership is not available to UMass students, only UMass faculty/staff; this restriction is University policy**
Age Requirements for Associates and Guests
Recreation Center -- age 18+
Boyden gymnasium courts -- age
Boyden & Totman pools -- age 6+ (ages 6-17 access to 'Family Swim Time' only)
Boyden handball/squash courts and Mullins tennis courts -- age 6+
An associate member and/or guest under age 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an 18+ sponsor with recreation membership.
Must have matriculated from UMass Amherst and be a member of the University Alumni Association. All alumni of UMass Amherst are welcomed as members of the Alumni Association. Bring alumni membership card to Member Services to purchase recreation membership.
$10/day guest fee
- Recreation members can bring up to two guests per visit.
- Guest fees are payable at Member Services in the Recreation Center.
- To purchase a guest pass, guest must have a sponsor with recreation membership. Sponsor (member) must be present at member services when purchasing the guest pass and accompany the guest when using recreation facilities.
- Guest passes are non-transferable and non-refundable. A guest who loses a guest pass for a future date must purchase a replacement.
- UMass hotel guests have access to recreation facilities with a signed/authorized guest referral form from hotel staff.
- Get $5.00 off with our Campus Recreation guest coupon.
Please contact your health care provider for details. Member Services can provide a letter of documentation if needed, but also keep your receipt and application form. GEO members are eligible for partial reimbursement. Please check with GEO for details.
Locker Rentals (Recreation Center only, as available) -- ½ locker $20/semester; full locker $30/semester payable at Member Services
Available only to faculty/staff and graduate students with an academic contract. Please check at Member Services for additional requirements.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Questions? Contact Member Services in the Recreation Center @ 413.545.0022.