Campus Recreation > Facilities/Recreation > Tennis Courts
Tennis Courts Policies
- Courts are for tennis only and available first come, first served during posted recreation hours. Activities/equipment prohibited include skateboarding, rollerblading, bicycling, hockey, soccer, strollers, scooters.
- Courts are for use by UMass students, faculty/staff, associates (spouse, domestic partner, dependent) and alumni with vaild UCard and current recreation membership.
- Members are permitted to bring up to two guests; guest passes are available at the daily rate in the Recreation Center.
- Proper athletic attire and footwear required: non-marking tennis shoes only; prohibited footwear includes cleats, boots, running shoes, non-tennis shoes.
- Upper body clothing must cover the full torso; prohibited upper body clothing includes cutoff t-shirts, cropped tanks, halter-tops, sports bras.
- Athletic-type lower body clothing required: shorts, sweatpants, windpants; shorts must be worn properly on the hips and be long enough to cover the buttocks and groin when exercising or moving.
- No food or beverage other than water in a non-breakable container.
- Alcohol, drugs, and/or smoking/tobacco products are not permitted.
- Pets are not permitted on the tennis courts.
- Tennis courts may not be used for private or commercial purposes, individual and/or team coaching and practices and/or private lessions unless such activity has been approved by Campus Recreation.
- Members and guests are expected to display appropriate and acceptable conduct while using the tennis courts. Campus Recreation reserves the right to refuse access or remove any individual(s) whose behavior is inappropriate or in violation of University of Massachusetts rules and regulations.