(full-time, 12+ credits)
|Graduates, CE & Part-time Students||$100||$40|
(spouse, domestic partner, dependent)
$5.00 with Campus Recreation Coupon
Fall -- Saturday, September 2 - Friday, January 5
Spring -- Saturday, January 6 - Friday, May 11
Summer -- Saturday, May 12 - Friday, August 31
Patron's valid UCard required to purchase membership.
Membership fees reduce during each session:
Fall -- November 1
Spring -- Monday of spring break week
Summer -- August 1
Membership includes access to facilities during recreation hours, group fitness classes, nutrition advising, equipment & towel checkout and participation in intramural sports. **retirees, associates, alumni & guests not eligible to participate in intramural sports**
Member can sponsor an associate member(s) -- spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent(s) [ages 6-26]. After purchasing membership at the Recreation Center, associate member should bring his/her receipt to the UCard office in 168 Whitmore to procure a recreation facilities badge.
**domestic partner associate membership is not available to UMass students, only UMass faculty/staff; this restriction is University policy**
Age Requirements for Associates and Guests
Recreation Center -- age 18+
Boyden gymnasium courts -- age 15+
Boyden & Totman pools -- age 6+ (ages 6-17 access to 'Family Swim Time' only)
Boyden handball/squash courts and Mullins tennis courts -- age 6+
An associate member and/or guest under age 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an 18+ sponsor with recreation membership.
Must have matriculated from UMass Amherst and be a member of the University Alumni Association. All alumni of UMass Amherst are welcomed as members of the Alumni Association. Bring alumni membership card to Member Services to purchase recreation membership.
$10/day guest fee
- Recreation members can bring up to two guests per visit.
- Guest fees are payable at Member Services in the Recreation Center.
- To purchase a guest pass, guest must have a sponsor with recreation membership. Sponsor (member) must be present at member services when purchasing the guest pass and accompany the guest when using recreation facilities.
- Guest passes are non-transferable and non-refundable. A guest who loses a guest pass for a future date must purchase a replacement.
- UMass hotel guests have access to recreation facilities with a signed/authorized guest referral form from hotel staff.
- Get $5.00 off with our Campus Recreation guest coupon
Please contact your health care provider for details. Member Services can provide a letter of documentation if needed, but also keep your receipt and application form. GEO members are eligible for partial reimbursement. Please check with GEO for details.
Available only to faculty/staff and graduate students with an academic contract. Please check at Member Services for additional requirements.
Recreation membership does not include Totman Body Shop and Mullins skating rink & racquetball courts.
Questions? Contact Member Services in the Recreation Center @ 413.545.0022.