Student Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) Waiver
Eligible students, who meet the University Health Services (UHS) SHBP Waiver Guidelines, may waive the University's Student Health Benefit (insurance) Plan online through CHP (Consolidated Health Plans). Waivers must be completed before the end of the add/drop period.
How to Complete the Health Insurance Waiver
- Select the Health Insurance Waiver link (bottom right sidebar) on www.spire.umass.edu.
- Click the Online Waiver Site link on the CHP page.
- If you do not see the Online Waiver Site link, this means the waiver deadline has passed. Call UHS at (413) 577-5000 with questions and to confirm.
- Complete and submit the waiver form.
- Enter your Student ID and Date of Birth, click “Continue”;
- Complete all information as directed; and “Submit”;
- Your request will not be completed until you:
- Check the box confirming that your information is correct;
- Provide your electronic signature; and
- Click the Submit button.
A confirmation e-mail is sent within minutes of successfully completing the waiver request. Print and save this e-mail as proof of your waiver. If you don’t receive a confirmation e-mail, call Consolidated Health Plans customer service (800) 633-7867.
Ferpa Privacy Waiver
Students complete the FERPA Privacy Waiver form online in SPIRE. This waiver allows students to permit the sharing of some non-academic information with specified designees. Academic records are not included in this waiver. The FERPA Privacy Waiver is applicable only to Financial Aid, Office of the Bursar, and Residential Life (Housing) Services information. How to complete the FERPA Privacy Waiver.