Office of the Bursar

The Billing and Payment Gateway of UMass Amherst

Tax Resources

If you have questions about how to compute your education tax credit, you should consult your tax professional or refer to the IRS. The University of Massachusetts-Amherst is not able to provide tax advice, but the following are links to further information on 1098-T forms and tax credits:

  • IRS Form 8863, Education Credits (Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits)
  • IRS Hotline: 800-829-1040