The Nondebtor Spouse Refund Claim Form [PDF] is required by our Student Receivables Office in order to assess and process any potential refunds as a result of a Commonwealth seizure.
Please note that refunds if approved can take up to 4-6 weeks to process.
Are You Eligible to File this Form?
You may file this form if:
- You filed a joint Massachusetts tax return with and overpayment applied against the past due income tax debt of your spouse.
- You are filing this claim within 90 days of the State Income Tax Refund Intercept Transfer notice.
- You have submitted a copy of your marriage certificate
You may not file this form if:
- Your certificate of marriage date predates the date that the debt was incurred at the University of Massachusetts.
- You failed to provide W-2 form for both parties, Summary Tax Forms and Marriage Certificate.
How does my spouse remove their name from future Commonwealth Tax seizures?
- Borrowers can remove themselves from future tax seizures by establishing a repayment plan or rehabilitation agreement. Call UMass at 413-545-2377 for details.
Mail form and supporting paperwork to:
UMass Receivables Office, 215 Whitmore Administration Building, 181 Presidents Drive, Amherst, MA 01003-9313
Questions can be directed to: