Office of the Bursar

The Billing and Payment Gateway of UMass Amherst

I transferred to another school, why am I being billed?

If you are at least a half-time student at an accredited institution of higher learning, you are required to file deferment forms on at least a yearly basis. If your current institution verifies enrollment on a semester by semester basis, you will need to file an in-school deferment form with us each and every semester until you graduate. If your school reports enrollment to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSLC) we should get verification of your enrollment sometime after add/drop.