Office of the Bursar

The Billing and Payment Gateway of UMass Amherst

I haven't graduated, so why am I being billed?

When a borrower leaves school for whatever reason, or falls below half-time status, the loan is entered into repayment. If you have returned to school at least half-time, you must either file a deferment form with us or your school must report academic enrollment through the National Student Clearinghouse. In either case, it is ultimately your responsibility to see that your loan is deferred.