Federal regulations require that borrowers complete exit counseling for loans received through the Federal Perkins Loan Program. At the time of the exit interview, the borrower will receive information about:
- total amount of Perkins Loans received at that institution
- total interest charges that the borrower will pay on the loan pursuant to the projected repayment schedule
- date repayment begins
- debt management strategies
- prepayment of the loan
- loan forgiveness and cancellation
- forbearance and/or deferment
- the consequences of default
The borrower will be required to provide the University with references. These references are used only in the event that the borrower moves and fails to provide the University with an updated address.
Heartland ECSI will email you a link to complete your exit interview shortly after your separation date.