- 15% of the original principal loan amount plus accrued interest for the first and second years of service.
- 20% of the original principal loan amount plus accrued interest for the third and fourth years of service.
- 30% of the original principal loan amount plus accrued interest for the fifth year of service.
- All Perkins Loans made on or after July 23, 1992.
- Perkins Loans made prior to July 23, 1992 are only eligible for serviced performed on or after October 7, 1998.
A full-time employee of an eligible public or private non-profit child or family service agency may be eligible for cancellation if they are providing or supervising services directly and exclusively to high-risk children from low-income communities and to the families of these children. Any services provided to the children’s families must be secondary to those provided to the children.
The Department has determined that an elementary or secondary school system, hospital, or an institution of higher education is not an eligible employing agency.