University Response to Federal Immigration Actions
UMass Amherst has created a page that contains updated information and resources related to recent federal actions restricting immigration from certain countries. Any member of the UMass Amherst community with travel-related concerns or questions should contact the International Programs Office at (413) 545-2710. For further information, contact Kenneth Reade, Director of International Student & Scholar Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 545-2843.
Study Abroad Program
(International Programs Office)
Studying abroad could be the most memorable experience of your college career. Not only could you master a language, explore new cultures, or travel to the other side of the earth, studying abroad can lead to immense personal growth. The UMass Amherst International Programs Office coordinates programs and opportunities in Asia that allow you to study abroad for a semester, a year, or a summer. The following is a sample of programs organized by country. Some are directly sponsored by UMass Amherst and some are sponsored by other institutions.
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing
- UMass at Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing (Grad students only)
- UMass at Chinese University of Hong Kong
- UMass at Shaanxi Normal Univeristy, Xi'an (Grad students only)
- China Educational Travel (CET), Beijing, Harbin, Nanjing, and Shanghai
- Student Taskforce for Advancement of Global Exchange
- Other Non-UMass Programs
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), University of Hyderabad
- UMass at Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- School for International Training (SIT), Jaipur, New Delhi
- India Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Living Routes in Auroville
- School for International Training (SIT), Bali
- UMass at Doshisha Women's College, Kyoto
- UMass at Hokkaido University, Sapporo
- UMass at International Christian University, Tokyo
- UMass at Kansai Gadai University, Hirakata
- UMass at Kwansei Gakuin University, Nishinomiya
- UMass at Nanzan University, Nagoya
- UMass at Sophia University, Tokyo
- UMass at Tsukuba University, Tokyo
- UMass at Yongsei University, Seoul
- UMass at Tunghai University, Taichung
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), National Chengchi University, Taipei
- CET Vietnamese Studies & Service-Learning, Ho Chi Minh City
- CET Vietnamese Studies (Summer), Ho Chi Minh City
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- School for International Training (SIT), Ho Chi Minh City and Mekong Delta
- Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
Ansin Study Abroad Fellowship for students with majors in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences. Deadline for summer and fall is in early April. Application available from School of Social & Behavioral Sciences website.
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program. First eligibility criteria: Must currently receive the Pell Grant. Online application must be reviewed by Education Abroad Advisor for Asia. On-campus deadlines are: Spring, mid-September, and early April.
National Security Education Program. Language study in Mandarin, Korean, etc.
Taiwan Ministry of Education Scholarship for Chinese Language Study. One scholarship for a UMass student applying to attend Tunghai University in Taichung, Taiwan. Deadline for application is March 1.
For More Information, Contact:
You can also download a two-page PDF flyer of this page (256 KB)