Army ROTC can offer you unique nursing opportunities while receiving financial assistance for college. You will gain valuable leadership experience and management training that can benefit you in either a military or private-sector nursing career.
You must meet the following general eligibility requirements to receive an Army ROTC scholarship:
• Be a United States citizen.
• Be 17 years of age within the first semester of your freshman year, and must not reach your 31st birthday by 31 December of the year in which you will graduate from college and receive your commission.
• Be a high school graduate or possess an equivalent certificate before September of the year you will enter college. If you are taking or have taken college courses, you must be considered a beginning Freshman and have 4 academic years remaining for a baccalaureate degree upon enrollment in the fall of the year you will enter college.
• If you are in an accelerated program and will complete your senior year of high school and first year of college concurrently - you must have 4 academic years remaining in an approved baccalaureate degree program upon enrollment in the fall.
• If you are a college freshman in a documented five year program with 4 years remaining in fall, you must submit verification from your university that your course of study is a five year program and that you will have four full years remaining. Contact the Army Professor of Military Science (PMS) at your university for a copy of a planned academic program worksheet.
• Have no moral obligations or personal conviction that will prevent you from -
• Supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies - foreign and domestic.
• Conscientiously bearing arms.
• Satisfactorily explain any record of arrest and/or civil conviction.
• Have a minimum high school GPA of 2.5
• Receive at least a minimum SAT score of 920 or an ACT composite score of 19.
• All scholarship applicants' physical ability must be assessed. We will request that your guidance counselor arrange for you to take The President's Challenge Physical Fitness Test. The required information will be sent directly to your high school.
Compare Army and Civilian Nursing Programs side by side.