The Masters Degree (MA)
- Must complete a minimum of 30 graduate credits.
- For those writing a MA thesis, a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 9 credits of Anthropology 699 must be completed.
- At least 21 credits must be earned in graduate course work in the department: of these at least 12 must be earned in courses 600-800 series if the student is not writing a thesis; otherwise, at least 6 credits beyond thesis credits must be from the 600-800 series of courses.
- The balance of credits may be earned in the 500-800 series of courses, whether in anthropology or in another department. With the specific permission of the advisor, courses in the 400 series outside the department may be included.
- Not more than 6 credits may be transferred into a student's degree program from non-degree programs (e.g. Continuing Education graduate credits, non-degree graduate status and credits earned at other universities.) Such transfers take place only after a recommendation from the advisor to the Graduate Program Director, GPD.
See Graduate Student Handbook for further details.