Why is it important to provide accessible documents?
- Assistive technologies, screen and document readers cannot access nor read image files. The message received is "page is blank."
- Your information is not available to your audience.
How to Convert an Image File to a Text File
To convert an image file to a text file:
- Use this web based Document Conversion tool: www.robobraille.org/web3/umassamherst.
- Upload file.
- Select document conversion.
- The converted document is returned via e-mail as an attachment.
- You will need to edit the file before it is saved to an accessible PDF.