- CHFA Faculty News Submission Link
- CHFA Monitor Slide Request
- Travel Registry System
- Apps at UMass
- ScholarWorks: Afro-American Studies Collection
- African Studies Association
- National Council for Black Studies
- Schomberg Center for Research in Black Culture
- DRUM Magazine
Lessons to Learn From the "Fugitive Scientist"
By Britt Rusert | Thursday, April 27, 2017
By Britt Rusert
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Science and activism have an intertwined history-in the antebellum period and today.
We typically associate marches with social movements and political demands, not with scientific objectivity and neutrality. But on April 22, Earth Day, scientists and "science enthusiasts" will march on Washington in a show of support for the scientific process. Read more here.