2019 brings the 5th biennial of the popular outdoor sculpture show, Art in the Orchard, held on the protected farmlands of Park Hill Orchard in Easthampton. This year’s biennial will feature 30 jury selected sculptures and hosted over 30,000 attendees. Sculptors from around the United States have presented their works in prior shows. In addition to the jury selected sculptures Art in the Orchard hosts an array art focused events including music, theater, dance, and storytelling. The first AIO biennial in 2011 was honored by the State with a prestigious Gold Star Award for exemplary community arts. Visitors come from Boston, New York, the Berkshires, Vermont, New England and Canada.
Find out more about us on Facebook “Art in the Orchard” and at artintheorchard.org.
Art in the Orchard is looking for an intern with communication and organizational skills to help coordinate the upcoming sculpture exhibition. The public exhibition takes place August 10th to November 26th.
Fall Internship (July – October) Tasks:
- Schedule Volunteer Ushers
- Facilitate AiO Functions which include opening party, bread and puppets performance, royal frog ballet performances, Saturday Sculpture workshops, and the full moon poetry walk
- Orient music and theatrical performers to the space
- Update public calendar with AiO events
- Coordinate and distribute AiO press announcements
- Oversee sponsors benefits (group tours and exposure during the show)
- Follow-up correspondence with supporters
- Track visitor attendance numbers
Interns will work with members of the AiO team that have produced the last 4 prior biennials. The team utilizes an online workspace for exchanging documents, plans, and ideas.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Ability to communicate in a friendly, professional and timely manner. Ability to follow-through on projects. Strong writing skills and community engagement skills.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Minimum 3 months: July through October.
PAY TYPE: Stipend $250/month. Recognition in Sculpture Trail Guide. Invitations to all key events throughout the year.
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time, 12-20 hours/week primarily on weekends and some week nights.
LOCATION: Park Hill Orchard in Easthampton, MA.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
CONTACT: Alane Hartley, email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY: For this internship please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- Cover letter including:
- Any specific goals you are hoping to achieve via this internship;
- An overview of your availability over the summer and fall;
- Anything else you want to share or ask.