The Springfield Central Cultural District (SCCD) is a growing initiative to bring arts and culture to Downtown Springfield!
Our mission is to bring more vitality to the city by highlighting its outstanding cultural offerings and adding new creative opportunities for artists and the greater community. We aim to make arts and culture in Springfield more accessible, while creating connections between artists, cultural landmarks, and visitors!
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: v
This internship provides an opportunity for creative expression, social media experience, and website development all with flexible working hours on or off site. We will offer student membership to the Springfield Cultural Partnership (SCP) which is the umbrella organization for the SCCD. Student members get to meet with two or more SCP sponsors of their choosing either one-on-one or in combination with a relevant meeting or event.
- Update SCP social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, etc.) with SCCD and SCP member organizations’ events and information
- Aid in the creation and execution of a social media growth plan in order to more effectively reach the SCCD’s audience (content calendars, analytics, campaign creation, etc.).
- Assist in regular maintenance of the SCCD’s website (run on SquareSpace) with new programming, artist opportunities, and events.
- Brainstorm and execute ways to improve upon existing content and create value propositions for member organizations on the website.
- Brainstorm and create collaborative messaging. Attend ad-hoc committee meetings as needed.
- Assist with creation of marketing materials, as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media.
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn) SquareSpace web platform.
- The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape.
- Familiarity with keyword analysis is a bonus.
PAY TYPE: Unpaid. In exchange for your valuable work, we will offer a “student membership” to the SCCD where you will have the opportunity to meet or interview staff at some of Springfield’s premier cultural organizations. http://springfieldculture.org/members/
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Social media internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time, 5 hours per week
LOCATION: Remote or occasionally at 127 State Street, Springfield MA 01103
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: All majors
CONTACT: Karen Finn, email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org