ABOUT SNOW FARM: THE NEW ENGLAND CRAFT PROGRAM (snowfarm.org)
Snow Farm: The New England Craft Program is a non-profit craft education organization, providing studio craft and fine art instruction for teens and adults in an inspiring residential setting. Our year-round programming includes two- to five-day adult and intergenerational workshops and an intensive month-long experience for teens each July. Located in Williamsburg MA, in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and just 15 minutes from Northampton or 35 minutes from Amherst, Snow Farm’s studios include glassblowing, woodworking, ceramics, kiln and stained glass, drawing, painting, printmaking and mixed media, fibers, welding, flameworking, metalsmithing and jewelry.
Get hands-on experience in a small marketing department where your contribution will make a difference. We are seeking a savvy social media user who is also a strong writer and communicator. Intern will manage activity on Snow Farm social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Trip Advisor, learn to use analytics to guide decisions, write blog posts, assist with production of the Snow Farm annual catalog, and create occasional post cards and flyers. Start and end dates are flexible depending on the candidate, with a 6-week minimum. Apply early for early consideration.
- Learn how a small arts organization builds and maintains relationships with students, faculty, and related organizations.
- Use Adobe software to create digital and print promotional material and communications.
- Run and evaluate multiple social media campaigns simultaneously.
- Contribute to year-long process of producing annual catalog.
- Develop a portfolio of marketing writing samples.
- Post images, videos and copy appropriate to different social media platforms.
- Write blog posts about faculty, students and other inspirational topics.
- Write, proofread and edit copy for catalog.
- Contribute to strategy meetings related to programming and marketing.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT:
Spring, summer or fall
PAY TYPE: Unpaid. Interns will receive free lunches when programs are running and a complementary workshop at Snow Farm, to be used by 12/31/19.
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time – 12 – 18 hours per week, days and times can vary.
LOCATION: 5 Clary Road, Williamsburg, MA 01096
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Applications accepted until the position is filled. Priority deadline is November 15, 2018.
REQUIRED DEGREE: Pursuing or completion of a program of study in visual arts, photography, digital arts, arts administration, or marketing.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Knowledge of graphic design software desired, but not required
- Strong skills in interacting with a variety of people
- Must have reliable transportation
CONTACT: Lisa Oram, Director of Marketing
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Lisa Oram, email@example.com