ABOUT PEGGY KLINEMAN (peggyklineman.com):
Visual artist Peggy Klineman creates Mix Medium and Gestural Abstract Paintings among other pieces. She has exhibited her work in venues throughout the Northeast, to include the Katonah Museum of Art, Katonah, NY; Edward Hopper House, Nyack, NY; Memorial Art Gallery, Rochester, NY; Hampden Gallery, Amherst, MA; Dacia Gallery, NY, NY; Hudson Guild Gallery II, NY, NY; Firehouse Plaza Gallery, Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY; CWOW, Newark, NJ; and Victory Drawing Rooms, Jersey City, NJ. And, she is represented by Boston Art Inc.
She received her MFA degree in ceramics from the Rochester Institute of Technology and BA degree from the University of Arizona. While living and working first as a publicist and later as a graphic designer in New York City, Klineman studied painting at Cooper Union and at the Art Student League of New York. In 2005 she devoted her time to a Fine Arts Studio practice and, in 2015 she moved from New York City to Worthington, MA where she now lives and maintains her studio.
Klineman has also licensed her artwork to International and National Companies including UNICEF and Marcel Schurman. In September of this year she launched her own line of Greeting Cards which is presently being sold in New England.
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: The intern will get hands on experience into the daily studio practice and business aspects of being a professional artist. Some of the projects the intern will be asked to assist with are:
- Develop and implement a social media marketing plan.
- Preparatory work in the studio. re: preparing aluminum panels, sorting shredded paper, painting shredded paper, etc.
- Researching grant opportunities and helping with writing applications.
- Researching appropriate outlets for the artist to exhibit and sell her work.
- Update various marketing databases i.e mailing lists.
- Prepare images in Photoshop for promotional materials, applications, social media, etc.
- Assist with packing and shipping merchandise.
- Help set-up the studio and assist with visitors during the Open Studios.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: On-going. Approximately 5-10 hours a week with a flexible schedule
PAY TYPE: None
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time
LOCATION: Worthington, MA, Home based Studio and Office.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: All Major, but art or art related background preferred.
CONTACT: Peggy Klineman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 413-238-5304
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a statement of interest and a resume to email@example.com