ABOUT SPRINGFIELD SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (SpringfieldSymphony.org)
The Springfield Symphony Orchestra has been part of the cultural landscape of the Pioneer Valley since 1944, and performs a series of classical music and special event concerts at Springfield Symphony Hall. Please visit www.SpringfieldSymphony.org for more information.
The Springfield Symphony Orchestra seeking creative and motivated individuals looking to gain experience and expertise in several areas of its Administration, including Box Office and Music Librarian. Interns are responsible for supporting and assisting the Box Office Manager and Music Librarian.
BOX OFFICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Database management
- Answering phones and returning calls
- Direct-mail project management
- Other duties, assigned
MUSIC LIBRARIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Database management of library music
· Archiving and filing music
· Preparing orchestra mailings
· General organization of music library
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences across a variety of platforms, including digital.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage vendors and customers, work effectively with others, and demonstrate leadership and professionalism
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
· Experience using databases management software
· Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail and constant follow through with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
· Familiarity with ticketing systems and orchestral music are a plus
· An ability to work some weekends and evenings.
Our schedule is flexible and we are willing to make accommodations for qualified applicants. If applicants are interested in interning during a different time frame, they encouraged to inquire with supervisor. Up to 10 hours per week during the school year. The SSO is flexible in scheduling to ensure that internship requirements are met. Regular business hours are 9 AM to 5 PM. Time may be required on concert weekends and for special events in the evenings and on weekends.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Sept. – Dec., Jan – May, and May-Aug. 2019/2020.
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time
LOCATION: Springfield Symphony Orchestra Administrative Offices, 1441 Main St., Springfield
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: Open to all majors
BOX OFFICE CONTACT: Danny Boyle
MUSIC LIBRARIAN CONTACT: Kirsten Lipkens
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to (Box Office) Danny Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413) 733-2291 and (Music Librarian) Kirsten Lipkens at email@example.com or call (413) 733-0636 x116.