UMass Amherst’s arts and humanities departments offer the region a rich and vast resource - students who need and want internships!
The Arts Extension Service’s Internship program offers you the opportunity to connect with potential UMass student interns through:
- Semi-annual Arts & Humanities Internship Fairs presented in collaboration with UMass HFA Advising & Career Center. Meet students in person and leave with your short list of candidates. Fairs are held semi-annually at the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters.
- Current Internship & Job Postings. You don’t have to attend a fair to list with us! AES promotes listed internships to students throughout the year.
- How to Get an Intern Info Sessions. Get help devising a competitive internship description and learn how to work successfully with students.
How to Participate:
- Complete the form at the bottom of the page and email it to email@example.com. Students are looking for fall or spring semester internships within driving distance of UMass, or summer semester internships in the area and beyond!
- Lead with the learning! Internships must be an exceptional learning experience for students.
- Leave space for individualization. The best internship experiences are those where you work with an intern to shape the internship to fit not only what you or your organization or business needs, but what the intern wants to learn.
- We are happy to help you create an exciting internship that is both an excellent learning experience AND helps your creative business. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RSVP for an upcoming Internship Fair or How to Get an Intern Info Session by emailing email@example.com.
For more Frequently Asked Questions about Internships, such as when to post your opportunity, see our Internships FAQ page.
If you are an internship provider based in the Newton/Boston area interested in offering an intensive internship through AES’s Semester @ Mount Ida program, go here.
The UMass Arts Entrepreneurship Initiative funds the Arts Extension Service’s Internship program. The Initiative works to advance our region’s culture, community, and creative economy by strengthening ties between students, artists, community leaders, and the University. The Initiative’s programs include internships, courses, workshops and professional development trainings, and consulting. Join our mailing list to stay informed!