Earn your Professional Certificate in Arts Management by successfully completing eight of our online courses.
- This certificate is ideal for those interested in a full spectrum of training, from core (Fundraising, Marketing, and Financial Management) to advanced skills.
- Introduction to Arts Management may be a required course depending on your level of experience. See more information about waiving Introduction to Arts Management here.
- No application process necessary.
You may choose from any of the courses listed below. If new to the field, we recommend you include Introduction to Arts Management, Arts Fundraising, Arts Marketing, and Financial Management in the Arts in your program of study - but you should feel free to tailor your certificate to meet your needs, experience, and areas of interest. If you would like any assistance designing your program of study, please contact us at email@example.com or 413-545-2360.
- Introduction to Arts Management
- Arts Fundraising
- Arts Marketing
- Cultural Policy and Advocacy
- Arts Programming
- Board Development
- Creative Economy and Placemaking
- Cultural Equity in the Arts
- Financial Management in the Arts
- Foundations in Arts Entrepreneurship
- Grantwriting for the Arts
- Greening Your Nonprofit Arts Organization
- Strategic Planning
The AES Advantage:
Our Arts Management Certificates are 100% online and have NO residency requirement, saving you travel, time, money, and making it possible for you to take our classes anywhere that you have internet access.
- Unlike some other programs, there is no additional fee to receive your certificate.
- Small class size gives you the opportunity to work closely with faculty and peers.
- Our faculty are nationally-recognized as leaders in their respective fields, each with 10+ years of experience. Many have written chapters in our textbook Fundamentals of Arts Management, 6th edition!
- Only one textbook is required for the majority of classes – the Fundamentals of Arts Management, 6th edition.
- As part of the University of Massachusetts Amherst you will have access to both a world-class online library and the National Arts Policy Archive and Library which hosts 50 years of documents from the NEA, AES, NASAA, and TAAC.
If pursuing the Core or Professional Certificate, once you have completed your required number of classes please request your certificate using the form below and return it to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Starting in the Fall of 2015, Foundations in Arts Entrepreneurship will only count towards the Professional Certificate, not the Core Certificate. If you took Foundations prior to Fall 2015, you may apply it to the Core Certificate.