Are you employed by a cultural organization and need to enhance your skills? Are you passionate about the arts and want to explore the arts management profession?
The Arts Extension Service is dedicated to supporting your efforts to conceive, build, implement and sustain your community arts programs and organizations. If you are new to the field of arts management and are using these courses as an opportunity to test the waters, our classes are a perfect introduction. If your arts career has evolved into nonprofit arts management, our courses fill in the gaps in your education and allow you a safe and supportive environment to learn among your peers. We support you through:
- Online classes that offer in-depth, hands-on opportunities to explore the topics and issues of concern to you. Use your organization as a case study and complete each session with a well-planned document to implement immediately. We intentionally keep class sizes small, and our IT support is available anytime to help you with any technical questions you may have. Your classmates come from a variety of nonprofits and nonprofit arts organizations from around the country and around the world. Class discussions encourage you to share your issues and concerns and learn from the experiences of your peers as well as from your instructors.
- Choose from a rich variety of online courses including Introduction to Arts Management, Grantwriting for the Arts, Greening Your Nonprofit Arts Organization, Foundations in Arts Entrepreneurship, Strategic Planning, Board Development, Fundraising, Marketing, Financial Management, Program Evaluation, Arts Programming, Arts Education, and Creative Economy.
- Certificates in Arts Management that provide two options for a professional framework in which to learn or enhance needed skills. Our Core Certificate and our Professional Certificates are perfect ways to demonstrate your continuing education efforts, illustrate to employers that you are dedicated to the field, and provide you with a supportive structure in which to acquire new skills. Arts managers, like you, often come to our courses with a degree in their respective field, but need to fill in the gaps in their education that running a successful nonprofit requires. Certificates allow you to take only the courses you need (four for the Core Certificate and 8 for the Professional Certificate) and you may take them in the order that meets your needs and those of your organization.
- Publications including our highly regarded textbook, Fundamentals of Arts Management, now in its fifth edition, was written by the majority of our instructors, and is utilized by 45% of colleges with arts management programs. Our book was written to serve as a hands-on guide, one that you will keep on your desk and refer to often, plus, each book comes with information on how to access a special resources section of our website.
- Training and Consulting to bring you quality customized programs, from Arts Education Partnerships and Creative Economy Trainings, to E-Marketing and Strategic Planning, and many more. Arts Extension Service’s professionals will share the latest research and their in-the-field experiences to make a difference for you. Our workshops, taught by professionals with extensive experience, blend lecture with exercises that will immediately transform learning into action. Gather your peers, bring your staff, and roll up your sleeves!