Bringing Arts into the Community, and Creating Community through the Arts
What We Do:
The Arts Extension Service, located at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, has been building art and community since 1973 by bridging artists, arts managers, and other professionals with best practices, the latest research, publications, and training programs.
AES serves the arts community by:
- Teaching award-winning courses and workshops for arts managers and artists
- Conducting research
- Writing publications
- Offering certificates in Arts Management both online and on campus
- Providing the nation’s only online Arts Management bachelor’s degree
- Matching emerging arts entrepreneurs with mentors or internships
- Proudly operating the National Arts Policy Archive and Library
Who We Are:
We are a team of leaders in the Arts Management and Arts Entrepreneurial fields bringing more than 40 years of experience to our art, arts management, professional adult, and traditional age students.
AES Associates teach courses, workshops and trainings, are authors and editors of our publications, and are partners in conducting research. Our nonprofit board, the Arts Extension Institute is run by former AES Directors, staff, and others who work to bring the news from the field to AES to support our research and awareness of current trends.