- Is registration for the Fall Open House mandatory?
- If there are multiple family members (twins/triplets, etc.) interested in attending the Fall Open House, does each person need to register?
- What will the schedule for the day consist of?
- Do I have to arrive at the start of the program or can I show up any time?
- Can I leave early from the program?
- Will I be able to have an interview with an Admissions Counselor?
- I have younger sisters and brothers, can I bring them with me to the Fall Open House?
- Where is handicapped accessible parking located?
- Someone in my party has a physical disability. How can I make special accommodations for the day?
- I am looking at graduate programs at UMass Amherst, would this event be appropriate for me?
- I am a transfer student, would the Fall Open House be appropriate for me?
- I am undecided on my academic major. What resources will be available at the Fall Open House?
It is essential that all prospective students register for the event to assist with programmatic planning.
If there are multiple applicants from the same family (twins/triplets, etc.) interested in attending the Fall Open House, does each person need to register?
Yes. This will ensure all prospective attendees receive a reminder card to help expedite the registration process upon arrival.
Please visit the schedule of events page here .
We strongly encourage you to arrive for the start of the program, which begins at 9:30 a.m. in the Mullins Center. A resource fair begins at 9:30 a.m. and provides an opportunity to meet all academic departments and student service groups on campus, many of which may not be available later in the day.
Yes. You are welcome to attend any or all of the events and leave whenever you choose. However, please ensure you check in at the Welcome desk located in the north lobby of the Mullins Center Concourse upon arrival.
While we do not offer one-on-one evaluative interviews with admissions counselors, the admissions office will be hosting two information sessions throughout the afternoon for freshman applicants and one information session for transfer applicants.
Yes. Everyone is welcome, though there is no child care provided.
Handicapped accessible parking is located by the main entrance to the Mullins Center (see detailed map ). Please follow the signs for parking and you will see this area. It is reserved for vehicles that have a handicap placard.
Please contact Emily Pavlos at 413-545-4768, or indicate your specific need under the special accommodations section while registering online to arrange necessary mobility assistance.
No. The Fall Open House is geared towards prospective undergraduate students. We suggest that you contact the Graduate Admissions office at 413-545-0722 for more information on our graduate programs.
Transfer applicants are welcome to attend the Fall Open House. Transfer staff will be available at the Admissions table of the Resource Fair from 9:30-11:00 a.m. There will also be a transfer admissions information session in the afternoon.
There will be many opportunities for those who are undecided to speak with representatives from Undergraduate Advising. The Undergraduate Advising Office will be staffing a table at the resource fair and will offer an informational session in the afternoon to address the supportive services offered to undeclared students at UMass Amherst.
If you have questions that are not relevant to the above Frequently Asked Questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We look forward to meeting you and your family on Sunday, October 26!