- What happens if the Spring Open House date is full?
- Is it mandatory to arrive at the set Registration time or can we arrive later?
- What local accommodations are available?
- Where should we park once we arrive on campus?
- Where can we find handicap-accessible parking?
- Are disability accommodations available?
- What time do the Admitted Student Visit Days end?
- Can I schedule an appointment with an admissions counselor or a representative from an individual academic department?
- Will offices on campus be open on the weekend?
- How do I change or cancel my reservation?
- I did not receive a confirmation email when I registered. What should I do?
- I have younger sisters and brothers. May I bring them with me to an Admitted Student Visit Day?
- If I have other questions about the Admitted Student Visit Days, who should I contact?
What happens if the Spring Open House is full?
If you arrive after the registration check-in time you may miss some of the important components of our program.
The UMass Hotel and Conference Center, Hotel UMass is available for students and families to stay at for Spring Open House. For information on other accommodations, please check the area lodging page on our Visitors Center website.
Signs will direct you to the Spring Open House check-in location. For the Spring Open House guests will park at the Mullins Center, 200 Commonwealth Avenue, Amherst MA 01003. For the YouMass Day events guests will park at the Campus Center Parking Garage (GPS address: 1 Campus Center Way, Amherst, MA 01003). If your vehicle will not meet the garage clearance limit (7 feet 2 inches), please refer to the Visitors Parking Map for alternative parking sites. If the parking garage is full then you will be directed to a non-restricted lot and provided with directions to the registration area.
Guests with a valid disability placard or plate may park in spaces reserved for use by those with disabilities. Parking attendants will be available to guide you to those parking areas.
If you or a member of your party will require reasonable accommodation for a disability, it is important that you indicate this when you register. Please note that we are unable to provide visitors with wheelchairs. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All programs conclude in the afternoon, at which point you are free to explore campus further.
Can I schedule an appointment with an admissions counselor or a representative from an individual academic department?
Admissions counselors will be available during the Spring Open House, so there is no need to make a separate appointment. In addition, representatives from the university's schools and colleges will be available at the Spring Open House Resource Fair from 8:15-9:20 a.m., and many again at 10:45 a.m. for Academic Sessions. For participants of YouMass Days, you are welcome to schedule your own appointments with different schools and colleges. Please note that university offices and departments will be closed on Monday April 16th for Patriots Day.
Offices and departments on campus are open Monday through Friday until 5:00 pm. As offices are not open on the weekends, please plan your Spring Open House day to meet with representatives during the scheduled programming. For the Spring Open House most offices and departments are represented at the morning Resource Fair and several will host individual sessions.
To change or cancel your reservation, please follow the link in your email confirmation. Options for canceling your reservation or changing your reservation details are available in that email.
If you cannot find your confirmation email, please contact our staff at email@example.com for assistance.
The registration confirmation email was sent to the email account you provided in your registration. You can update your email address here if necessary. If we have your correct email address on file, then please check your spam folder.
Yes, everyone is welcome. Please note that childcare is not provided, however.
You may contact Undergraduate Admissions with any events questions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.