TRAVEL POLICY AND
- Department heads are responsible for controlling expenses within budgeted amounts. Principal investigators are similarly responsible for controlling expenses within grant and/or sponsored projects.
- Department heads/directors or principal investigators are expected to be diligent in their review of expense reimbursement vouchers for accuracy and for compliance with travel policies and procedures and/or sponsored project travel restrictions.
- Travelers must return any cash advance issued by the University in excess of substantiated expenses within fifteen days after completion of the trip.
- Travelers must repay any improper reimbursements, subject to appeal, which may be identified in an audit review. Travelers must repay improper reimbursements within fifteen (15) calendar days after receipt of a written notice from the University. Should repayment not be received by the Controllers office within the designated time period, the outstanding amount will be deducted from the travelers pay.
- Travelers wishing to appeal the audit review finding should contact the campus controller.
- Intentional falsification of expense report documents and/or fraudulent submissions by the traveler may be grounds for termination of employment.
Travelers utilizing the University Corporate VISA cards are expected to maintain their accounts in good standing to maintain the favorable terms and conditions provided by the Corporate VISA card.
Web Site Development by The Controller's Office
For questions or comments regarding this site please contact
2008 University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Produced and maintained by the Controller's Office
This is an official page of the University of Massachusetts Amherst Campus.