Research Accounting
Add Comp Guide
Collection Policy
Elec. Payments
Rsrch Acctg Mission
Letter of Credit
Organ. Chart
Sponsor Types

UMass Home Page

Controller's Office
Contact Us
Endowment Info
Financial Forms
Journal Workflow

MMARS Object
         code crosswalk
Policies & Guides
Responsible Acntnts
By Fund
Travel Manual
Who We Are

Controller's Office
Accounts Payable
General Accounting
Research Accounting

Related Links
Admin & Finance
Bursar's Office
Student Loan &
Campus Receivables

Fin / HR / Student

Misc Info.
Bus Schedules
UMass News

Research Accounting Accountants and Areas of Responsibility 

The following is a list of Accountants who manage research awards in the Controller’s Office at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. The list gives the Accountant’s name, phone number and email address. The list shows each Accountant’s area of responsibility. The Accountant code is an internally assigned code.

If you have a question regarding a certain sponsor, locate the sponsor on the list and contact the appropriate Accountant




Sam Killings, Assistant Controller,

AE - Martin Konowitch

(413) 545-1417


Institutes, Associations, Societies - Foreign and Domestic
NEH (National Endowment for the Humanities
Peace Corp
NSF (National Science Foundation)
SBA (Small Business Administration)
SEA (Mass Department of Economic Development
UMBA (Umass Building Authority)
USAID (U.S. Information Agency)
Federal Pass Thru from the above agencies
Program Income Accounts

AJ - Priscilla Caouette

(413) 545-1422


State - Mass Nanotech
STSI (Space Telescope Science Institute
Oversee Management of PVLSI Awards
Oversee Management of ARRA Awards
Campus Training
Cost Share Monitoring
A-133/Financial Audit
PS Core Team Leader/Troubleshoot

AI - Liz Ortiz

(413) 545-1416


Colleges/Other Sponsors Not Federal Prime)
ERC (CASA) Project (NSF)
Federal Appropriations- UMassExtension and Experiment Station
FWS (CWS) Off-campus accounts (Federal Work Study)
NSF - Mass Nanotech
GAMS - Troubleshoot
PS - AR System
PS - Payroll Issues

AP - Sara Cooper

(413) 545-1411

CUMIRP (Center for Umass Industry Research on Polymers)
FAA (Federal Aviation Administration)
NSF (National Science Foundation)
IALS Awards
Federal Pass Thru from the above agencies
Other/Multiple Funding - NATO, and Foreign Agencies and Counties

AR - Lloyd Thomas

(413) 545-1414

DOE (Department of Energy)
HHS/NIH (Health and Human Services/National Institute of Health)
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
NEA (National Education Association)
USFWS (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)
USGS (U.S. Geological Survey)
Federal Pass Thru from the above agencies

AS - David Gazzillo

(413) 545-1412

ARRA - American Recovery and Reinvestment Acts Grants
Department of Defense (including USAF, ONR, Army/Army Research Lab, AFOSR)
Economic Research Services
EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)
FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
National Security Agency
NIST (National Institute for Standards and Technology)
NOAA (National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration)
NPS (National Park Service)
PVLSI - Pioneer Valley Life Sciences Institute Grants,/font>
Smithsonian Institution
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Department of Justice
USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture - including Forest Service)
USDC (U.S. Department of Commerce)
USDI (U.S. Department of the Interior)
Federal Financial Aid (Perkins, Pell, FSEOG, FWS, Direct Loans) Federal Pass Thru from the above agencies

AT - Maxine Greenblatt

(413) 545-1410


Commonwealth of Massachusetts State Agencies - Including:
    AGR (Department of Agricultural Resources)
    DCR (Department of Conservation and Recreation)
    DOE (Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
    DOT (Department of Transportation
    DPH (Department of Public Health)
    ENE (Department of Energy)
    EPS (Executive Office of Public Safety & Security)
    EQE (Department of Environmental Protection)
    FWE (Department of Fisheries & Wildlife
    RGT (Department of Higher Education)
    VWA (Office of Victim & Witness Assistance)
    WEL (Department of Transitional Assistance)
MA Local Government: Citiies / Towns / Counties
Other States- Government and Agencies
Private Industry (Foreign and Domestic)
Quasi Governmental Agencies

Research Receivables Management

AK - Patrick Mignault

(413) 545-1117


Research Accounting Collections of overdue receivables.
Tracking Bad Debt Receivables.
Reconciliation of closed accounts funded by Federal Letter of Credit.

Federal Letter of Credit Cash Draws and Reporting.
Federal Letter of Credit Draw – CSREES, D/ED, Direct Loans, DOE, EPA, HHS, NASA, NSF,USDA, USAID, USIA.  

AN - David Bennett

(413) 545-1421


Research Accounting Aging.
Reconciliation of Daily Research Awards Cash Receipts.
Federal Letter of Credit Draws and Reporting.
Manage Unrestricted Research Awards.
Manage US Department of Education Research Awards

Room 405 Goodell Building
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Tel:  (413) 545-0806
Fax: (413) 545-4233

| Home | Accounts Payable | General Accounting | Research Accounting | Contact |


  This page is maintained by the Controller's Office
  Copyright © University of Massachusetts, Amherst.  • Site Policies

Last Updated: 10/20/15