FREQUENTLY ASKED VENDOR QUESTIONS:
Why is my invoice not paid?
A/P requires several items on an invoice to ensure proper payment.
- Invoices should be mailed to
University of Massachusetts / Amherst
405 Goodell Building
Amherst, MA 01003
- Invoices should have:
- Name of Vendor
- Payment Remit Address of Vendor
- Valid Purchase Order Number (extremely important)
examples of valid purchase order numbers:
- UMass Amherst Purchase Orders start 0001 and consist of 10 digits.
- Auxiliary Service Purchase Orders start with N.
- Department who placed the order and contact name of
person who placed the order are helpful.
- Contact Name within the department who ordered is also helpful.
If your invoice is missing a valid purchase order number this will delay your payment due to the fact that the invoice will then need to be researched.
What is this check for?
- Please try to provide the Accounts Payable Department with all the
information that is on the check stub/summary. A/P will look the
information up for you.